Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Learn to voice, even if it's "No", I've grown up.

Growing up, my culture and family education shaped me to be very submissive to my environment, which sometimes means being highly adaptive to changing environment, but other times means being lack of self-stance. I used to be attracted to people that have strong opinions towards things because I didn't possess that quality myself. Time proved that I was just not a confident individual that is comfortable enough to voice my thoughts, because I did have my own thoughts. Now, after being away from my Chinese culture and parents' close supervision for four years and after seeking and finding my way into the Financial industry, I am much more comfortable voicing my thoughts and thinkings. And knowing when to voice and what to voice became one of the strengths I have.

Being able to talk about what I think and being able to say "no" to people I care about are still different stories.

I grew to learn that whether it's friendship or romantic relationship, being able to say "no" actually contributes to strengthening the relationships Whenever we say "yes" to people with full willingness, we would enjoy the time no matter what happens. However, if the "yes" contains some unwillingness, even if it's a little bit, the whole experience would not be as enjoyable. In that case, saying "no" might save you time battling with your own feelings or regretting. After all, if the relationship is truly strong, then there should be no hard feelings on "no"s.

It is amazing to see myself saying no to many things that I would have said yes last year this time. I am proud to say that I've grown so much since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment